The mandate of the Members of the Board, and its authority, stem from its fundamental relationship with the OMI Lacombe Canada Province. The Board is established to provide direction to Queen’s House of Retreat on behalf of Lacombe Province which it serves. The individual members of the Board are trustees: entrusted to direct the activities of Queen’s House of Retreat in the interest of Lacombe Province as a whole rather than in their own interest or that of any specific group.
The members of the Board are responsible to the Executive Team of OMI Lacombe Canada Province or their delegate.
We, the Board of Queen’s House of Retreat, with risk and daring, recognizing the guidance of the Holy Spirit, give ourselves to the service of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate of Lacombe Province whose mission is that of Jesus Christ sent “to announce good news to the poor, freedom to captives and new vision to the blind” (Luke 4), that together we may create at Queen’s House a place of healing, faith information, and a source of hope.
Current Board Membership: August 2016
- Chair Person Rachele Ng
- Vice-Chair Kathy Jo Simmie
- Secretary Delores McLean
- Treasurer Michel Thibault
- Program Liaison Kathy Jo Simmie
- Past Chair Person Janet Postle
- Oblate Representative Father Bill Stang OMI
- Ursuline Representative Sr. Anne Lewans OSU
- Diocesan Representative Father Kevin McGee
- Community Representative Pastor Vern Ratzlaff
- Community Representative Diane Côté
- Community Representative Donna Hagen
- Community Representative Adele Longstaff