We warmly welcome you to Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre!
WHO WE ARE
Rooted in the Oblate Charism, we are a sacred, welcoming space.
To be a sacred place where minds are nourished and spirits are nurtured.
As a retreat and renewal centre, we offer sacred space for self-reflection,
encounter with others, and spiritual exploration.
Nourish your mind. Nurture your spirit.
COVID Update Summary
February 13, 2021
as summarized from this Update Link.
- Masks are required for all indoor public spaces.
- Indoor public event gatherings: limited to 30 people in a public venue only, with no food or refreshments to be served.
- The outdoor gathering size limited to 100 people, assuming physical distancing can be maintained.
Queen’s House will be monitoring updates and requirements to determine what additional provisions will be required of both our guests and staff.
Queen’s House Status: October 26, 2020
Queen’s House continues its journey to be accessible to all of our guests and groups as much as we can following the guidance and advice of our provincial health and medical authorities and our Department of Tourism. We are accepting and hosting all bookings that fall within the current health and civic guidelines and to the extent that we are able to accommodate these with our limited staff complement. Guidelines to assist you with your planning are below:
We are constantly monitoring developments with and within our community as this plan and the circumstances that impact unfold and we will continue to determine and adopt the best course of action using this information. For further information, please contact us directly at 306-242-1916 and by extensions listed below or by email:
- Director: Brendan 225 email@example.com
- Accounting: Corrine 232 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings Pauline 230 bookings @queenshouse.org
- Reception: Leave a message 221 email@example.com
- Live In Staff: Sr. Ludvina or Dave 233 firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond promptly and will make every effort to assist you.
Our goal at Queen’s House is to safely resume operations for our guests and our staff using best practices that reduce risk. Queen’s House will be operating with added provisions and protocols designed to enhance safety. These include:
- Monitor personal health. If you feel ill, please stay home.
- Be patient and exercise care and consideration.
- Use healthy hygiene practices, especially hand washing.
- Practice physical distancing as much as possible.
- Restrict and monitor the use of shared items and spaces.
- Use a mask in common areas. (Available for purchase – $2)
- Sanitize upon arrival, as required, and upon entry into the dining area.
- The provision of masks ($2) to assist patrons as needed.
- Each group must have and retain an accurate record of their attendance list.
Our goal as staff will be what it has always been, to welcome and care for all who enter, as best we can with what we have to offer. During our current COVID-19 conditions, the following general enhancements are in place:
- Staff monitored and intensified cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection routine using appropriate eco-friendly supplies.
- Frequent sanitation of high touch areas.
- Staff use of appropriate and practical PPE.
- Practice physical distancing as a standard practice.