We warmly welcome you to Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre!
WHO WE ARE
Rooted in the Oblate Charism, we are a sacred, welcoming space.
To be a sacred place where minds are nourished and spirits are nurtured.
As a retreat and renewal centre, we offer sacred space for self-reflection,
encounter with others, and spiritual exploration.
Nourish your mind. Nurture your spirit.
Current COVID Directives
March 9, 2021
as summarized from this Saskatchewan Update Link.
- Masks are required for all indoor public spaces.
- Indoor public event gatherings: limited to 30 people in a public venue only, with no food or refreshments to be served.
- The outdoor gathering size limited to 100 people, assuming physical distancing can be maintained.
Queen’s House will be monitoring updates and requirements to determine what additional provisions will be required of both our guests and staff.
Current Queen’s House Status
Queen’s House continues its journey to be accessible to all of our guests and groups as much as we can following the guidance and advice of our provincial health and medical authorities and our Department of Tourism. We are accepting and hosting all bookings that fall within the current health and civic guidelines and to the extent that we are able to accommodate these with our limited staff complement. Guidelines to assist you with your planning are below:
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate individual requests for access to our Stillness Chapel and quiet time due to our limited staff compliment and environmental economy. We are constantly monitoring developments with and within our community as this plan and the circumstances that impact us unfold. We will continue to determine and adopt the best course of action using this information. For further information, please contact us directly at 306-242-1916 and by extensions listed below or by email:
- Director: Brendan 225 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting: Corrine 232 email@example.com
- Bookings Pauline 230 bookings @queenshouse.org
- Reception: Leave a message 221 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live In Staff: Sr. Ludvina or Dave 233 email@example.com
We will respond promptly and will make every effort to assist you.
Our goal at Queen’s House is to safely resume operations for our guests and our staff using best practices that reduce risk. Queen’s House will be operating with added provisions and protocols designed to enhance safety. These include:
- Monitor personal health. If you feel ill, please stay home.
- Be patient and exercise care and consideration.
- Use healthy hygiene practices, especially hand washing.
- Practice physical distancing as much as possible.
- Restrict and monitor the use of shared items and spaces.
- Use a mask in common areas. (Available for purchase – $2)
- Sanitize upon arrival, as required, and upon entry into the dining area.
- The provision of masks ($2) to assist patrons as needed.
- Each group must have and retain an accurate record of their attendance list.
Our goal as staff will be what it has always been, to welcome and care for all who enter, as best we can with what we have to offer. During our current COVID-19 conditions, the following general guidance is in place:
- Monitoring and sanitation of high touch areas.
- Staff and guest use of masks and sanitation gels.
- Physical distancing as a standard practice.